Femme Fatales!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sands of Time


Todays Photo of the Day is the Sands of Time.

It's funny, but whenever I go to to the beach and squish my toes between the warm wet sand I always think of an hourglass with time running out.

I know that sounds horribly morbid, but in all honesty I'm reminded about how fast time really flies by and so few of us ever sit back and enjoy our lives.

We live in an era that is managed and ruled by time. "Have to be at work on time", "Have appointments at such and such a time", "The kids have lessons at this time", "Movies start at this time", What time shall we eat dinner?", "Bedtime!"
Ugh!!! It's so exhausting when all this "Time" is taking up your time.

I just want to say that it's okay to stop and smell the roses.

One day a year, and it should be more, we should all take a day to ourselves and do what we want. Sleep in! Have breakfast at lunch time. Have dessert first. Loaf in bed all day. Watch useless boring television programs.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life really is too short, and at my age, I already think of myself as old, sad I know, but on the other hand, I'm also living each day to the fullest.

Are you?



XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: