Femme Fatales!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!




Today is the last day we kiss 2010 good-bye.  It seems like just yesterday when we were starting the 2000th year and it has me remembering where I was and what I was doing and how far I've come in just ten years.  Where do you hope to be in another ten years?

With the new year starting tonight for many of us it marks the beginning of a New Years Resolution.
Like so many of you, there are lots that I can think of to add to my list, but will I actually stick to it, who knows?  So rather than beat myself up over past failures and setting unreasonable resolutions, I'm gonna make them small.

Last month I joined the gym and last week I joined Weight Watchers.  Some of you may think it's a waste of money to pay to go to meetings that tell you how to eat right, when you can just buckle down and do it yourself.  Knowing the kind of person I am I need constant motivation.  Temptation is so easy, otherwise it wouldn't be called that.  I don't need the motivation to resist temptation, tho sometimes that helps, but the motivation to be proud of myself no matter the loss or the gain.  I like to see other people, big small, old or young come together in one room and talk about ideas for a better lifestyle.  Weight loss isn't just being skinny, or at least it isn't to me, it's about making the right choices and still being okay with yourself even if you don't.  I didn't set nor will I set an upstanding weight loss goal.  My goal right now is to lose ten pounds, this is attainable because even tho the number isn't much, it's a little.  And once that little is lost I will add another attainable goal of ten pounds, etc, etc.
Now I know what you're thinking...God, not this weight loss bullshit again!  And I'm not here to push anything on anyone, I just wanted to share my resolution for the New Year.
I'm happy to report that in one week by following the new points system I lost a respectable 2.6 lbs.
*Clap clap* *Whistle whistle*
It may not be much, but hey, I worked damn hard for it, especially during the Holidays with so many baked treats within my reach!
Why did it work for me?  Because I forced myself to be accountable for everything that I put into my mouth. Saying "It's just one cookie" was not an option!  I had the cookie don't get me wrong, but I accounted for it being in my diet and I didn't let the "One" turn into six or seven, that was hard! 

For this reason it excites me to start off the year doing something for myself and I only hope that each and every one of you had a Merry Christmas and have an even better and joyous New Year!!



"All that we are is the result of what we have thought,
The mind is everything.
What we think, we become"

--Buddha Quote




Much Love and Health,
Zxen

No comments: