Femme Fatales!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Make-Up

So it's raining once again in beautiful British Columbia and I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it.
What better time than to do a Vlog. I've never done one before but I thought what the hell, why not?
Follow this Link if you want to see it :)


A few months ago I bought some make-up from BH Cosmetics. Mostly eye shadow palettes and brushes. I've never really been into make-up but they were the right price and like my Vlog, I figured what the hell.
Let me explain a little. When I say I've never really been into make-up it's not to say I've never used it. For the most part the natural look has been my signature look ever since I can remember. This comes from the fact that,
A) My own mother has never been into make-up and I don't have a sister or anybody to look up to or to have taught me about it.
B) The belief that premature wrinkles, aging and skin problems comes from the use of make-up, falsey advertised by peers and teachers while growing up.
So when I purchased a few palettes, much to my husbands surprise as well as my own, I didn't realize how much it could be to put some looks together.
No longer am I worried about wrinkles and aging because lets face it, I am aging and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to stop it, but I can have some fun during that time.




Here's a look I played with and I wanted to share it with you beauties too. I hope you like it. :)





Lets get started!

The first thing I did was use concealer in the necessary spots for me. Yours might differ. I like to conceal under my eyes, around my nose, any blemishes, and the corners of my mouth (tends to get a bit red at times)

Afterwards I apply powder. I LOVE mineral make-up! Currently I'm using Loreal's Bare Naturale gentle mineral makeup with spf 19 sunscreen.

I apply photo finishing lid primer by Smashbox to my lids.
Then I bust out my 88-Shimer Color Palette and apply according to this:
(Counting across)


Color 13 - Lemon Gold all over my lids
Color 17 - Neutral Shimmer Blue to the inner corners of the eye
Color 44 - Shimmer Grey/Black to the outside corners of the eyes and blend it under the eye as well
Reapply Color 13 - Lemon Gold to the balls of the eyes

The key word here is Blend Blend Blend!

For the under eye I used Color 17 - Neutral Shimmer Blue on the inner corners of the underlid followed by the Color 13 - Lemon Gold smudged to meet Color 44 - Shimmer Grey/Black to the outer corners of the underlid.

Outline the eyes with favorite eye liner,
Curl lashes and apply mascara and voila!
You're ready to rock this look.


I hope you guys enjoy!
I'm gonna play around and come up with some more creations.
Got some colors in mind you want me to play with? Let me know!





XoXo,
Zxen

1 comment:

liquoredonlacquer said...

I love the colors!! beautiful!

Ive never really been into makeup until just alittle while ago, i would slap on some mascara and eyeliner and was happy with that :P