Femme Fatales!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Christmas Came Early

...Oh Yes It Did!


I know a lot of you are probably thinking..."What?"  "Christmas Already?"  "Are You Nuts?"
To answer your question, yes! Yes I am  :)

The hubby and I don't do things in the traditional sense, for our son we do because we think it's important for him to have traditions, but for us, since we deny ourselves things we want year round so Dorin can have, when we see something we've really wanted for a while and we have the spare cash to "spare", that thing we've yearned for year round becomes ours!

I've been dreaming of a new lens ever since I got my Nikon D90.  Don't get me wrong, I totally adore the 18-105mm lens it came with, but I'm not the type of girl who likes to get stuck in a rut using the same lens over and over again.  I like to switch it up once in a while, and today that dream became a reality.  Today we purchased a 55-200mm lens.
I couldn't be happier and I can hardly wait until the grey clouds part and the rainy weather clears up so I can go out and play with my new toy.





Now you're probably wondering what's the damn difference between an 18-105mm and a 55-200mm?
Put bluntly, with a 55-200mm lens you can zoom in more.  You can take sharp up close images and I find the focus is way better!

My intentions for the 55-200mm lens are to use them for portraits and use the other lens for landscape, but I might just settle on the new one for a while because that's how I roll.  Plus honestly, when I'm not out doing a shoot for my family or friends, who wants to keep switching lenses?





The next toy we got was for Jason.  Can you guess what it is?.....................




...............that's right!


an ipad!  He's been begging for one for a while and I figure he's been good this year so he deserves it.




All these goodies makes my head spin!
We both couldn't be happier!
Now don't go thinking Dorin goes without because his time comes when Santa leaves him goodies under the tree.



Just talking about Christmas gets me excited.  At our house it's not so much about the gifts, but of us being together, the traditions we make as a family, the decorating, the baking, the fun.
Ever since The Santa Claus came out, and then the second and lastly the third movie, we have a tradition that we watch those movies one a day for the three days before Christmas.  I love The Santa Claus!!

I can't wait to bring out the decorations and trim the tree.  This will be Cookies first Christmas with us and I'm excited to see what she'll do.  Last year she stayed at a home when she was just a pup because Jason flew back home so we could spend one last Christmas with our families before we moved out here.
This will be our first Christmas without our families and I'm saddened at the thought, but I know that I will see them next year so I try not to dread on it too much.


But enough about Christmas, we haven't even made it through Thanksgiving, let alone Halloween yet.

What are some traditions you have?



XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: