Femme Fatales!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Big Girl


I went to the local Library around my neighborhood being an avid reader that I am and came upon a new release, Big Girl, by Danielle Steel.
Being a "big girl" myself I picked it up assuming I already knew what it was about, and to my hearts content after reading the synopsis on the sleeve, I was right.
Finally!
A book about a "bigger" heroin.
A super sexy blue eyed blond "big girl" I created in my head to match the description in the book, despite what her narcissistic parents would have her believe.

From the very first page I read I couldn't put it down. My brain wanted more and more and my heart ached for this beautiful creature who was put down from the minute she was born.
Not good enough. Not pretty enough. Too smart. Too fat. Too ugly. How could parents be so cruel?

I'm not ashamed to admit that as I flipped from page to page, the tears flowed down my cheeks.

I've struggled with some of the issues this heroin has gone through myself and her pain mirrored my own.

It's nice to see that someone has finally taken the time and brought us "big girls" out of the shadows and into the spotlight and it's nice to read that even plain Jane's like me can and do get the nice guy in the end. Mind you our state of mind may be irreparably damaged by the years of abuse we endure about our weight, but even so, we are loveable!

I am really impressed with this book, so much so that I'm going to buy it and add it my own personal library at home.

I have to be truthful though, I'm not a big Danielle Steel fan at all! But I felt drawn to this book for some reason as cliche as that sounds.

My only problem with it was the ending. I wanted more out of it and in it!! The book built beautifully to an anticipated orgasmic climax that never came. Though the ending was good, it was simple, and could have been better.

I only hope that Danielle Steel provides us with a sequel, because even us "big girls" deserve a Happily Ever After.



XoXo,

Zxen

No comments: