Femme Fatales!

Friday, April 16, 2010

New Spa Wisdom

I recently went to the mall around my neighborhood and being a huge fan of The Body Shop and all things that smell good, naturally I was drawn in.
I was shocked that their prices were so low on their products (no complaints from me) and with sales like Buy 1 get 50% off, I was sold!
Of course I had told my husband that I was only going for a few things at the grocery store and yet I somehow mysteriously found myself at the mall, how that happened, he'll never know.
We always say we're going for a few things but you know as well as I do that we ALWAYS come back with something that wasn't on the list, or for those of you who shop without a list somehow or another an extra purchase ends up in your bag. This is me to a tee and for the most part my husband has stopped trying to figure me out. You know as well as I do that men just don't get it. We're drawn to display windows like moths to a sweater, especially when we see 50% off sales, or any sales for that matter. Screw the need factor, it's now a want!

One of the first things I was drawn to was their Lip Balms.
2 for $12.
My lips seem to suffer the most no-matter the time of year and I'm forever buying chap sticks, lip balms, lip butters or anything recomended to soothe sore chapped lips. My problem with most lip products is their waxy residue. I can't stand applying a chap stick and that's all I feel or taste for the rest of the day. I want something that absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. The last thing I want is to kiss my husband and feel like my lips got left on his face.
I was pleasantly surprised that the two lip butters I purchased did exactly what I wanted and my lips have never been healthier. Of course I'm a sucker for scents and who can resist Coconuts and Lemons?

One of their promotions right now is their New Spa Wisdom. Being a Body Shop member I got invited to experience their 4 new limited time beautiful Spa Collections. Polynesia, Africa, Japan and Morocco.
Of course I picked only one and that's Japan, hands down.
It smells wonderful and if I could insert a Scratch'N'Sniff here, I would. Sadly I can't and you'll just have to find your local store and go and try it for yourself.

One of the products I got was the Japan Yuzu and Rice Body Milk. Only $22.
"It helps nourish and hydrate your skin with a light, delicate body moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin to leave it feeling soft, smooth and beautifully scented with a delicate floral fragrance."
Lightly spritz your skin with the body milk(yes it's a spritzer bottle for easier application) and gently massage into the skin after a bath or a shower (for best results) to leave skin silky soft and beautifully fragranced. Mmmmm...goodness me!
Don't forget your hands and your neck, they're the first that show signs of aging and you want to maintain them as well as the rest of your body.

Another fabulous product I got and I had to rush home and try it right away was the Japan Adzuki Bean and Rice Washing Grains, also $22. Their promotion is Buy 1 get 1 50% off.

I'm a big believer in exfoliating and I was gauranteed that I could use this scrub daily without it stripping my face of moisture. It's gentle foaming action removes dead skin cells and deeply cleanses to reveal soft, smooth refined skin. Of course having just started using these items it's still too early to reveal what I really think, but for the most part I'm already giving it two thumbs up.
A major factor that I really like is that all their products are inspired by beauty rituals, traditions and ingredients from around the world. A little culture never hurt anyone.

What have you tried from The Body Shop and what are your favorite products? Let me know.
Comment.

XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: