Femme Fatales!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Growing Up is Hard to Do!

When I was a little girl, I grew up with Disney, Fox and even Shakespear (yes even Shakespear because you're never too young or too old!) movies just as much as the next girl.
My favorite movie for the longest time had been The Little Mermaid and I remember I wasn't happy until I'd watched it at least once a day. Believe it or not I still have the original released VHS version (well worn but still running and working) and I would watch it everyday still if a) I still believed in that sort of thing b) still had a VCR in my house and c) wouldn't think it so ridiculous to watch a girls Disney movie at almost the age of thirty.

Despite having said all that though, there is a small part of me that still believes, in faery's, in magic an in all things mythical. In my mind lurks Centaurs and Dragons...Prince's and Princess's...Faery's and Knights...because at heart I'm still the same six year old glued to the t.v. I was 23 years ago singing to some fabulous Princess tunes!




Romeo and Juliet



the Wizard of Oz



Alice in Wonderland
(Always was a little creeped out by a frantic giant bunny and the evil Queen of Hearts)



Cinderella



Snow White



Sleeping beauty



Peter Pan



The Little Mermaid



Beauty and The Beast

Much respect and adoration to Annie Leibovitz for sharing her fantastic photographic capabilities with the world. ALL, except for Snow White are her images. She truly brings my fantasies to life.



XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: