Femme Fatales!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 8 - Photoblog Challenge

Something You Dislike


The only thing I can think of that I dislike to the point of blogging about it is bullying.  I dislike it very much!





Having moved to Canada when I was only a child and not speaking a word of English I was the subject of ridicule, and cruel jokes.  Bullying is bullying!  It's another form of abuse and I don't tolerate it.
In turn, being the butt of other kids ridicule led me to defend myself the only way I knew how.  I beat the living snot out of everyone who had laughed at me.

Thinking back on it now, I realize that my actions were no better than the ones who were picking on me, though at the time I couldn't help but feel a sense of self satisfaction.  The problem with this is, that we need to learn how to teach our young how to respect one another.

It's ok to be a different size, shape and color.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and it's a shame that the things that make us different are the things that we pick apart about one another.

I'm saddened to keep reading in tabloids about more and more teen suicides.  It makes me wonder what this world is coming to?  When did it become acceptable to accept a suicide due to bullying?
Whether it's ridicule, or spreading rumors, physical, whispers, streaming live video when with a b/f or g/f, playing pranks, bullying is bullying and it needs to stop!!




Put yourself in the shoes of someone else.  Think how you would feel if you were being bullied, now put yourself back in your own shoes and zip your lip!

There's an age old saying  "If you can't say something nice, then DON'T say anything at all!"




Let's all get along,
XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: