Femme Fatales!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 17 - Photoblog Challenge

A Place You Went Today

A place I went yesterday was the West Coast Womens ShowOne of BC's largest events.
It's been a tradition for me and my mom and my cousin and as of late my sister in law to go to the Womens Show every year.  It's a day out with the girls and believe me there's lots to see and do.  Of course we always went to the one in Toronto and this was my first year at the BC event without them, but I still had a good time because they were with me in spirit.

I get asked a lot about what it is and basically a whole bunch of vendors get together under one roof and sell their merchandise.  Well over 250 different vendors at least, if not more.  I'm talking, jewelery, hair accessories, makeup, crafts, travel bureaus, food industry, as seen on t.v, fashion, HOT firemen calendars, kids toys, cars...and the list goes on and on.  Fleamarket might come to mind but rest assured it's anything but.  It's a great day out with the ladies for a low $12 admission fee.
You get to taste test pretty much everything they sell food wise.  And they constantly ask for volunteers to do your hair and makeup.

I'll be the first to admit that if you don't go in with an "I'm only gonna spend this much" attitude, you will go over your limit.  Most of the vendors accept Visa and Debit and the ones that don't will take cash.
I went with my girlfriend and told her the hubby took my Visa (teeny white lie) it was still in my wallet, but when I spent what I had gone in there with she reminded me that Jason took my Visa, this kept me from whipping it out and laying on the charges...lol.  It worked!
Every booth is there to advertise their business and you will get things at par, NO TAX!  That alone is a huge hit.  Not to mention some of them throw in free samples of this or that.

It's a great way to experience the community around you and know what outlets are at your disposal.

If you have a Womans Show in your area, I strongly suggest you go!




These Posh Accessories really caught my eye.  I've never seen anything like this before and she had a wide assortment to pick from. 
Groovy things for beautiful people!


These lovely tree trimmings can be purchased at Bombay located in Richmond, Vancouver, Victoria, Langley and Pitt Meadows.





The next few pics will be from the fashion show.
See something you like?  All the pieces were from either Stiches, The Bay or Urban Planet/Urban Behavior.
Clothing supplied from Lougheed Town Centre




I can't for the life of me remember who supplied the childrens clothing but they were absolutely darling!
When I remember again I will post it for sure.


Now we're getting down to the nitty gritty part of the show.
They turned up the heat with  their 24th annual "Hall of Flame" Firefighters Calendar!
Calendars are sold on site throughout the show and all proceeds benefit the Burn Unit at Vancouver General Hospital and other selected charities.


Now I know what you're thinking..."what the hell is this?"  but ladies...watch my video for an insight into the dirty lives of firemen!!  :P  Pun intended!

But.....before we get to the video...here's a few things I purchased.

I got this lovely pack of six bath bombs for $20.
I can't even begin to tell you how delicious they smell.
The only contact info I have to give you is the card below this picture.



I also got this gigantor 3 wick candle from Bombay.  It's Winter Fresh scented and I have a feeling it will last a super long time!
The Shea Hands cream I purchased from the Shea Butter Market.  It's organic and it's one of the best shea butter creams I've ever smelled plus proceeds from each purchase goes towards helping the Tapko widow's group in Northern Ghana.  I'm all for helping our fellow women.


I purchased this gorgeous trio colored Eco Pearls from Terra Eco Pearls.
The local number is 604-948-2007 and their website will be coming soon.





The last thing I purchased was this jewelry organizer.
I've been looking for a place to hang my necklaces because I'm sick and tired of untangling them, so when I saw this I nabbed it right away.
Again I can't remember who the vendor was.




Now, it's time for the best part.  I know I ramble a lot in the beginning but fast forward towards the end if you want.  My treat to you!
(The good part starts at about 4 minutes)



Hope to see some of you there next year!


XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: