Femme Fatales!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 9 - Photoblog Challenge

A Place You Visited


I went shopping with the sole purpose of getting one thing.  After watching DulceCandy87's video on the MAC Prolongwear Foundation, I was convinced it was the right one for me, but in my shade of coarse.
I'm not a foundation kind of girl, that is to say I haven't yet found one that I like enough to wear on a day to day basis or feeling it's thickness on my face.  Until now.  I went into MAC at Metrotown in Burnaby BC and asked specifically for the prolongwear foundation.  I was impressed with how easily and effortlessly it went on Dulce's face and the full coverage was amazing.  I just had to have it!

Being the cheapskate that I am, I knew that it would cost a hefty price but I bit the bullet and I can honestly say I don't regret it.  I've been wearing it every day since I got it.  The foundation goes on smooth, it's very light, and you don't need a whole lot of it to apply.  MAC has me sold!  I guess if you want good quality, you gotta pay the price.  lol



This is Metrotown Metropolis my new favorite mall


I stopped by this little booth because I saw Hello Kitty slippers.  They turned out to be for kids but they had the most awesomest *stuffies ever.  In the end I bought a pair of Mario slippers for my son, to put away for Christmas.  He's obsessed with Mario!  I hope he likes them.  Hell, he's got no choice but to like them now!


This isn't the greatest picture but it gives you a general view of what the mall looks like.  It's huge!  Lots of neat little shops.  I think there's over 250 stores.


I had to go to LUSH!  No buts about it.  If you're trying to switch your chemical products to something a little more natural I recommend LUSH.
I got this awesome Eau Roma Water toner.
A very big Thank You to Katrina Lomidze for recommending Farmacy Fresh soap because.....


...I  got that too and my face looks and feels fantastic.  Farmacy Fresh soap is infused with calamine lotion and it's really helped to calm and soothe my irritated dry blotchy skin.


My sole purpose for the trip to the mall was to get MAC's Prolongwear Foundation.


I couldn't just walk out with one thing, well I could but I found more goodies, like the MAC Lightful Ultramositure Creme which is again one of the best products I've ever bought.  It's super light, fast absorbing and ultra hydrating which is everything my face needed, and everything I wanted!
I also got the Skin Refined Pore Treatment.  Hopefully this will help to reduce the appearance of my pores.  I haven't used it enough yet to be able to tell, but here's hoping.



 Being a LUSH lover I had to have some more Honey I Washed the Kids soap.  The hubby loves this stuff!  And I love the way it makes him smell!  It's fantastic for the whole family!!


 Being a bath junkie I spoiled myself with these amazing bath bombs.
They have four new ones out.  Fizzbanger, Dragon's Egg, Twilight and Mrs.Whippy.  I got to try each one of them on my hand in the store and I really enjoyed Dragon's egg (the one on the left).  Honey Bee is perhaps my favorite.  It smells so clean and invigorating and leaves your skin feeling soft and fluffy, in a good way :)  (the one on the right).  The smaller one which may be smaller but still packs a punch is Think Pink, I admit it, I'm obsessed with pink things.  I'm gonna use this beauty as part of my Christmas Giveaway (the one in the middle).



Where did you go today?  Where will you go tomorrow?



XoXo,
Zxen

No comments: